Các bạn giúp về Bài thơ cổ
Các bạn thân mến,

Các bạn có thể giúp LTP chuyển các chữ Hán trong image đính kèm ra chữ Hán để LTP có thể dùng Google Translate được không ?

http://vietbestforum.com/showthread.php?tid=21879

Post #2, page 1

Nếu được, LTP mừng lắm .  Cám ơn các bạn rất nhiều .

Thanks-sign-smiley-emoticon

--ooOoo--

[Image: IMG-1576.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1577.jpg]kevin garnett wallpaper
Hi LTP, 

Probably no one in this forum will be able to help you.  I can't help you either because it's not easy like translating the lyrics from a song.  But give me a few days when I have more time during the weekend, and I will see if I can find a way to get it translated based on my rough understanding of the poem.  I'll try my best and we'll see...
(2021-06-16, 06:27 AM)DuyVIII Wrote: Hi LTP, 

Probably no one in this forum will be able to help you.  I can't help you either because it's not easy like translating the lyrics from a song.  But give me a few days when I have more time during the weekend, and I will see if I can find a way to get it translated based on my rough understanding of the poem.  I'll try my best and we'll see...

Thank you very much.  I really really appreciate your effort.   Ok-sign-smiley-emoticon

(2021-06-16, 07:12 AM)LeThanhPhong Wrote:  1670184173
Thank you very much.  I really really appreciate your effort.   Ok-sign-smiley-emoticon

Well, I'll take it as a personal challenge to myself. We'll start with this, and then I will try to translate it over the weekend based on what I can make out from my sixth-grader knowledge more than forty-five years ago:

趙伯駒六馬圖歌

平川苜蓿丰且滋,清泉映带沙冈披。

戎人习马知马性,此处调马实所宜。

牵者樴者二皆骝,白驹黑鬣緤柳枝。

昂藏翘足骊其色,一戎跨背鞍不施。

紫骝回首嘶厥匹,有駓龁草意自怡。

骥不称力称其德,况复一一皆英奇。

作者寓意应有在,夏官遗法谁深知。

即今大宛致汗血,骨格皆合图中姿。

亦不渥洼诩作瑞,亦不交河资兴师。

迥立阊阖詄荡荡,欲起王孙走笔为。
By the way, what is your level of reading Hán-Việt?  If you are good or somewhat at the intermedia level in understanding Hán-Việt, then it shouldn't be too difficult to translate the poem word by word into Hán-Việt with a dictionary, right?  One more question if you don't mind, have you just bought an old painting with the poem written on it or something?
(2021-06-16, 08:06 AM)DuyVIII Wrote: By the way, what is your level of reading Hán-Việt?  If you are good or somewhat at the intermedia level in understanding Hán-Việt, then it shouldn't be too difficult to translate the poem word by word into Hán-Việt with a dictionary, right?  One more question if you don't mind, have you just bought an old painting with the poem written on it or something?

LTP don't know Chinese at all, except how to write one, two, three .  Yes, I bought this old painting a few months ago .  

I always admire beautiful Chinese characters written with the brush.  They look like the water waves in a river .  They often take my breath away while admiring their beauty .   Cheer

(2021-06-16, 08:17 AM)LeThanhPhong Wrote: LTP don't know Chinese at all, except how to write one, two, three .  Yes, I bought this old painting a few months ago .  

I always admire beautiful Chinese characters written with the brush.  They look like the water waves in a river .  They often take my breath away while admiring their beauty .   Cheer

No..  I meant Hán-Việt as in the words already translated into Vietnamese written form, but not with the day-to-day dialog.  For example:

translated into Vietnamese day-to-day dialog is "ngựa", but in Hán-Việt is "mã".

In other words, the title of the poem would be translated into Hán-Việt as following:

趙伯駒六馬圖歌 = Triệu Bá Câu Lục Mã Đồ Ca
(2021-06-16, 08:26 AM)DuyVIII Wrote: No..  I meant Hán-Việt as in the words already translated into Vietnamese written form, but not with the day-to-day dialog.  For example:

translated into Vietnamese day-to-day dialog is "ngựa", but in Hán-Việt is "mã".

In other words, the title of the poem would be translated into Hán-Việt as following:

趙伯駒六馬圖歌 = Triệu Bá Câu Lục Mã Đồ Ca

As you know, there are many Hán-Việt words in Vietnamese .  I really like the idea that you can give me the Hán-Việt so that I can enjoy the musical tone of the poems.  And afterwards, I can do the google translate to understand its meaning .

As the above example:

趙伯駒六馬圖歌 = Triệu Bá Câu Lục Mã Đồ Ca

Google translates as:

Zhao Boju Six Horse Picture Songs

Thank you.
(2021-06-16, 10:55 AM)LeThanhPhong Wrote: As you know, there are many Hán-Việt words in Vietnamese .  I really like the idea that you can give me the Hán-Việt so that I can enjoy the musical tone of the poems.  And afterwards, I can do the google translate to understand its meaning .

As the above example:

趙伯駒六馬圖歌 = Triệu Bá Câu Lục Mã Đồ Ca

Google translates as:

Zhao Boju Six Horse Picture Songs

Thank you.

LTP,

Now that you have the Chinese characters written out, you can copy each word at a time and then paste it onto VDict for a direct translation into Han-Viet, which is exactly what I did for that title.  VDict can't help you to translate a whole phrase, but one word at a time is no problem at all, and then after you are completed one phrase like that "Triệu Bá Câu Lục Mã Đồ Ca", you almost can tell the meaning of it from reading the Han-Viet translation, right?

Triệu Bá Câu = is basically the name of someone, more likely the author of the poem or the painting.

Lục = is number six.

Mã = is a horse, or Lục Mã = six horses.

Đồ = is a map, or could be describing a drawing.

Ca = is basically a song but also could be the way people verbally reading a poem in a particular way.

So that's how I would do by using VDict program to translate each word in Han-Viet first, and then from there, it will depend on how well you could understand the translation.  Like I mentioned before, this is not the type of ancient poems that an average person could fully understand just from reading it, one would have to think very deeply about the intricated words in order to get or guess the meaning of each phrase, and everyone may understand differently and even at different times when they read it.  
Now let me give you one more example for the first phrase of the poem below:

平川苜蓿丰且滋 - Bình Xuyên Mục Túc Phong Thả Tư

Bình = is describing smoothly even or calm in this case.

Xuyên = is describing a waterway or a river that is running.

Mục Túc= the two words normally go together is describing some sort of grass or vegetation in a large area.

Phong = is describing rich or fully (như là phong phú).

Thả = is describing a situation that's ongoing in this case.

Tư = is describing something growing or spreading.

So, there, I hope those examples will help you to get the whole poem translated on your own, and it will be time-consuming.  Sorry, I had just found out that I will be busy this weekend, but I am confident you can do this on your own.
Good morning Duy,

Thank you for showing the VDict . You are a wonderful teacher .   Cheer  Now, I can do the work myself .  Perhaps, I can teach myself Han-Viet at the same time .

Thanks-sign-smiley-emoticon a million .
Dear Duy,

How did you get the Chinese characters from the image of a photo in post #1?
(2021-06-17, 07:25 AM)LeThanhPhong Wrote: Dear Duy,

How did you get the Chinese characters from the image of a photo in post #1?

Well, to make a long story short, it wasn't a simple process for me.  For the people who have installed any type of Chinese typing fonts on the pc would be simple, but that isn't the case for me.  I had very bad experiences with Chinese or Vietnamese typing fonts installed on my laptops, therefore I would never want to do that again.  If I ever need to type in Vietnamese, I would go to VF website to do it, which I do so now in VB.  Yes, VB is now the place where I go when I need to type in Vietnamese.

Fortunately, I can read Chinese and Han-Viet relatively well, so the first thing for me to do was to figure out the Han-Viet word translated from a Chinese written character.  With the title of the poem, 趙伯駒六馬圖歌, I recognize the name 趙伯駒 who was an artist in the Song Dynasty.  He was the one who had known for his created ancient maps or drawings of certain territories during the Song Dynasty (đời nhà Tống).  Even so, to figure his name translated into Han-Viet without the actual Chinese characters written out was not easy.

The first two words of his name, "Triệu Bá", was easy just because I already the words in Han-Viet, but the last word, "Câu", was not easy at all, at least not for me.  But then all by luck, the rest of the words, "Lục Mã Đồ Ca", were quite simple.  I then googled for "Triệu Bá - Lục Mã Đồ Ca" each word separately for the Chinese character version, and then put them together to search for what is referring to.  Bingo!

Yes, it was a complicated process for me, just because I don't have the Chinese fonts installed on my laptop.  
(2021-06-17, 08:51 AM)DuyVIII Wrote:
Well, to make a long story short, it wasn't a simple process for me.  For the people who have installed any type of Chinese typing fonts on the pc would be simple, but that isn't the case for me.  I had very bad experiences with Chinese or Vietnamese typing fonts installed on my laptops, therefore I would never want to do that again.  If I ever need to type in Vietnamese, I would go to VF website to do it, which I do so now in VB.  Yes, VB is now the place where I go when I need to type in Vietnamese.

Fortunately, I can read Chinese and Han-Viet relatively well, so the first thing for me to do was to figure out the Han-Viet word translated from a Chinese written character.  With the title of the poem, 趙伯駒六馬圖歌, I recognize the name 趙伯駒 who was an artist in the Song Dynasty.  He was the one who had known for his created ancient maps or drawings of certain territories during the Song Dynasty (đời nhà Tống).  Even so, to figure his name translated into Han-Viet without the actual Chinese characters written out was not easy.

The first two words of his name, "Triệu Bá", was easy just because I already the words in Han-Viet, but the last word, "Câu", was not easy at all, at least not for me.  But then all by luck, the rest of the words, "Lục Mã Đồ Ca", were quite simple.  I then googled for "Triệu Bá - Lục Mã Đồ Ca" each word separately for the Chinese character version, and then put them together to search for what is referring to.  Bingo!

Yes, it was a complicated process for me, just because I don't have the Chinese fonts installed on my laptop.  

Thank you for your painful effort to get character by character from the photo of the poem . I appreciate your work very much for helping me out . It just makes me appreciate your help more than ever.  Without that help, it would be nearly impossible for me to find out the meaning of the poem .  

Thank you very very much .
You are very welcome!  I took it as a personal challenge for me as well.