You've Been Trumped Too (2020) | Full Film
You've Been Trumped Too (2020) | Full Film

Journeyman Pictures
The film the Trump Organization tried to suppress | You've Been Trumped Too (2020) | Full Film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9RweR9EUSg

Investigative journalist Anthony Baxter travels between the US Presidential race and the Scottish countryside to chronicle the troubling confrontation between Donald Trump and a feisty 92-year-old widow, Molly Forbes, as she refuses to make way for his golf course. This shocking insight to a David and goliath battle is a remarkable document of the disconnect between political rhetoric and the lives of ordinary people.

=========

Comments:

1/ I'm an American and I find it disgusting that the Scottish government would allow Trump a foreigner to come to their country and treat their own citizens in this manner.

2/ Please note: Ms Molly Forbes passed away 11 April 2021, aged 96. May she rest in peace, RIP

3/ Everything he touches he ruins, bless this lovely Scottish woman

4/ RIP Molly Forbes. You deserved better in your twilight years.

5/ Molly said, "he acts like a child who has never grown up." She hit the nail on the head.

6/ Let this be his legacy and how he treats people. He is so full of himself and without accountability. God bless Molly.
Ha ha ha . Trùm bịp quốc tế !!!

==============

Trump ‘hoodwinked’ Scotland with golf course promises, says former project director

BY LAUREN IRWIN - 03/29/24 3:57 PM ET

https://thehill.com/policy/international...0millions.

Neil Hobday, the former project director for former President Trump’s golf course in Scotland, said the country was “hoodwinked” by his claims that he would spend 1 billion pounds to develop the property.

Hobday told the British Broadcast Corporation (BBC) that he felt “hoodwinked and ashamed” that he and Scotland fell for Trump’s overestimate.

Trump claimed that he would spend one billion British pounds on the new project, about $1.2 billion. Hobday was the consultant project director for the Trump’s Aberdeenshire golf course, which opened in 2012, BBC News reported.

In 2006, Trump purchased land near Aberdeen. He had planned for the 18-hole course to have a five-star hotel, villas and more, and was supported by the local economy looking for tourism and jobs.

In 2018, Trump’s golf course reportedly “destroyed the vast majority” of protected sand dunes in the area, despite a pledge not to. After opening in 2012, the golf course didn’t live up to its promises, losing millions.

BBC News reported that the Trump Organization said it spent around 100 million pounds on the Aberdeenshire golf resort, but new accounts show the facility has a value of 33.2 million pounds. It’s racked up 13.3 million pounds in losses since opening.

“I don’t think even if he could raise the money to build the whole thing out, he wanted the golf course and that was it,” he said. “He was willing to fight the environmental battle and create this impression that this was a $1 billion project and Scotland absolutely needed it. But I think he never really had the money or the intention of finishing it.”

“I feel very hoodwinked and ashamed that I fell for it and Scotland fell for it. We all fell for it. He was never going to do it,” Hobday said.

Trump’s Aberdeenshire course was included in his New York civil fraud case, which found he conspired to alter his net worth to receive better tax and insurance benefits. A judge found Trump liable and ordered him to pay more than $355 million in penalties.

In May 2023, Trump traveled to Scotland to break ground on a new golf course in honor of his mother, Mary Anne MacLeod, who was born in the Isle of Lewis in Scotland.

TAGS DONALD TRUMP DONALD TRUMP TRUMP CIVIL FRAUD CASE TRUMP GOLF COURSE TRUMP ORGANIZATION
Becuoi

--------------

Alex Salmond: Trump’s team should be ‘ashamed’ as ex-Menie golf chief says he was hoodwinked

The former first minister was in charge when Donald Trump told Scotland he'd built a £1 billion resort with housing on the protected coast of Aberdeenshire.

by Andy Philip    March 29 2024, 3:21 pm

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/pol...ond-trump/

[Image: tr5.jpg]
Donald Trump made big promises for his Aberdeenshire golf resort. Image: Hemedia

Former first minister Alex Salmond says Donald Trump and his team should feel nothing but shame after a key cheerleader for the original “£1 billion” resort admitted he now feels “hoodwinked”.

Mr Salmond, who led the Scottish Government at the time, reacted after former resort director Neil Hobday described his dramatically changed view about the Aberdeenshire development.

Speaking to the BBC, Mr Hobday said: “I felt hoodwinked and ashamed that I fell for it, and that Scotland fell for it.”

‘Broken promises’

[Image: tr6.jpg]
Neil Hobday was delighted when the golf plan was approved in 2008. Image: Derek Ironside.

Reacting to Mr Hobday’s comments today, Mr Salmond told the P&J: “The only shame involved should be that of Donald Trump and the others at the top of his organisation.

“The undertakings were not given in private but to a public local inquiry in Aberdeen in 2008 which recommended planning approval of the project.

“Failure to abide by solemn undertakings should indeed be a matter of shame for those who made these promises and then broke them.”

[Image: tr7.jpg]
Donald Trump and Alex Salmond fell out publicly in the years after the golf plan.

Mr Hobday’s comments represent a big change of heart years after the project caused meltdown at Aberdeenshire Council, put residents through land disputes and turned into an international political mess.

It was Mr Hobday that first suggested building a golf course worthy of hosting The Open back in 2005.

Recounting his part in the drama for a P&J article in 2021, Mr Hobday was still continuing to defend the decision to develop on what were protected dunes.

“There was a lot of noise made from objectors,” he said at the time.

“That encouraged more noise and, of course Donald Trump being a fairly combative character, it became what was called ‘controversial’.”

[Image: tr8.jpg]
Parts of the dunes lost their protected status after development. Image: Kenny Elrick/DC Thomson

When the Trump Organization announced the project in 2006, it was described as a £500 million plan. That figure quickly rose to £1 billion.

Promises of a 450-room hotel, 950 holiday apartments, 36 golf villas and 500 houses for sale are still to materialise.

Mr Hobday now thinks Trump would have said anything to get his course up and running – undermining a central argument made to planning authorities at the time.

“I don’t think even if he could raise the money to build the whole thing out, he wanted the golf course and that was it,” he told the BBC.

“I think he never really had the money or the intention of finishing it.

“I feel very hoodwinked and ashamed that I fell for it and Scotland fell for it. We all fell for it.

“He was never going to do it.”

‘No credibility’

Trump International Scotland said Mr Hobday has “no credibility”.

A statement responding to the claims and wider BBC interview added: “There are very few, if any, investors in the sport that have done more for Scottish golf in the past decade than Trump.

“In spite of the many global economic challenges, where other investors walked
away – and despite spiteful opposition, the Trump Organization has remained steadfast in its commitment and delivered on its promise to build one of the greatest modern links golf courses of all time in Aberdeen and to protect the future of one of world’s greatest golf treasures.”

In 2010 Sarah Malone, executive vice president of the Menie course, and Trump’s head of international development George Sorial released statements quashing speculation that Mr Hobday had been fired.

She said then: “Neil Hobday has been a full-time consultant on the project for many years, and played an important role in the early stages of its development. Neil is currently pursuing other business interests and his departure was voluntary. We wish him well for the future.”

‘Dignified and quiet exit’

However tonight, in response to the BBC interview, she released another statement, branding Mr Hobday “bitter” and claimed he was in fact fired by the Trump Organization 14 years ago.

She said: “In 2010 we agreed to give him a dignified and quiet exit, as many businesses do in such situations – and I’m quite sure you know businesses make such statements when someone is sacked.

“However, more than a decade on, this man has chosen to shout about our business and make wildly offensive remarks.  We therefore have a right to respond and put the record straight.

“He was fired and is an extremely bitter man.”

In 2010, Mr Hobday said he “categorically denied” being sacked by Trump, stating: “I have been a full-time consultant here for five years, which is a long time, and I fulfilled all of the objectives I was brought in to do.

“It is the right time to move on and I need time to continue to develop my own golf consultancy business.”

Cheer