Govt and Private jobs
Hi TeaOla,

Quote:What do you mean by “City > County > State “ ?. You  have a stable position, you dont have to be worried of downsize situation, do you ?.

I mean working for the city is better than working for the county, and county is better than for state.  Yeah, the job is stable.  A few years back, when the economy was bad we had to go through furlough (?) I think.  They required us to give up 4 hours a month to save the State some money.  That only lasted a few months.  Some old timer here told me that way back in time there was a downsizing once but that happened to non-essential personnel such as contractors and custodians.  Those usually go first.  People that been around for more than 5 years were okay.  Unless the whole system shuts down they'd always need people to keep it running, right? :)
(2018-03-31, 04:16 PM)guest1221 Wrote: anh chưa bao giờ làm cho state , nên anh không có nhiều ý kiến, và mỗi state , anh nghĩ rules cũng khác nhau . Hay là em bỏ vào resume and apply cho Veteran Admin đi , nếu được thì tốt , không thì thôi . Trong khi chờ đợi , em vẫn còn job của private sector .... Anh vẫn nghĩ làm cho " government " thì job secure và benefit nhiều hơn ....

còn trong posts kia, em có nói là vào military , thì em có bằng Bachelor , sẽ ra Officer , sau khi basic training . 20 years or so from now, khi em retire , không những có pension mà medical insurance của em sẽ cover , very much , fully .... for the rest of your life ....  Thumbs-up4
Em đang coi VA chổ em có hiring không ?. Rảnh em searching thêm options. 
Em nghe nói basic training phải vác đến 50lbs trên vai để chạy, thường cực khổ như vậy, phụ nữ không còn nhìn giống phụ nữ nữa Lol
Thanks anh đã cho em nhiều ý kiến.
(2018-04-04, 09:06 AM)TayNinh Wrote: sounds like you're having a good career path.  
I was working for a gvnt contractor located in an Airforce base for a short time. 
My plan was to stay there and switch to a civilian position later but it didn't work out as I was frustrated with the clearance process and left.
So far this career is easy to land any positions, but someone in this profession said it’s dead end ? I dont know why he did not want to move forward to branch out better options, he has been working as the same title for 35yrs+. No wonder it’s dead end in his option.

Is it very difficult to have clearance passed ?
(2018-04-04, 10:37 AM)Mong manh Wrote: Hi TeaOla,

I mean working for the city is better than working for the county, and county is better than for state.  Yeah, the job is stable.  A few years back, when the economy was bad we had to go through furlough (?) I think.  They required us to give up 4 hours a month to save the State some money.  That only lasted a few months.  Some old timer here told me that way back in time there was a downsizing once but that happened to non-essential personnel such as contractors and custodians.  Those usually go first.  People that been around for more than 5 years were okay.  Unless the whole system shuts down they'd always need people to keep it running, right? :)

One of my friend is working in the District of San Diego county around 10yrs. I did not ask her the process of application since we did not have same career path. Well, at least you are all set now as long as you are happy with your status, are you ?. Couple months ago, San Bernandino county had an opening position with 20K bonus, I did not apply since it’s dry and hot area. And I dont think it’s easy to get in.
(2018-04-06, 05:41 PM)TeaOla Wrote: So far this career is easy to land any positions, but someone in this profession said it’s dead end ? I dont know why he did not want to move forward to branch out better options, he has been working as the same title for 35yrs+. No wonder it’s dead end in his option.

Is it very difficult to have clearance passed ?

“Secret” level is quite easy and fast.  “Top secret” is difficult.  I had the secret clearance at the time thru the previous employer and was applying for top secret because the job requires.
(2018-04-06, 05:55 PM)TayNinh Wrote: “Secret” level is quite easy and fast.  “Top secret” is difficult.  I had the secret clearance at the time thru the previous employer and was applying for top secret because the job requires.

Anh phải clearance for top secret rồi mới apply cho position, hay apply position rồi mới coi có clearance ko ?. Phải mất bao lâu mới xong anh TN ?
(2018-04-06, 05:55 PM)TayNinh Wrote: “Secret” level is quite easy and fast.  “Top secret” is difficult.  I had the secret clearance at the time thru the previous employer and was applying for top secret because the job requires.

Top Secret with Full Scope Polygraph and SCI ( Sensitive Compartmented Information ) is the hardest and highest to obtain ....
Làm người huy hoàng phải chọn làm người dân Nam ...

(2018-04-07, 10:39 PM)guest1221 Wrote: Top Secret with Full Scope Polygraph and SCI ( Sensitive Compartmented Information ) is the hardest and highest to obtain ....
Is it an examination or checking your history or what is it anh K ?
(2018-04-07, 09:26 PM)TeaOla Wrote: Anh phải clearance for top secret rồi mới apply cho position, hay apply position rồi mới coi có clearance ko ?. Phải mất bao lâu mới xong anh TN ?

Tuỳ hảng và tuỳ position nửa em.  Có position họ cần có clearance rồi mới nhận và cho làm.  Tu nhiên có khi họ nhận mình vô rồi apply cho mình luôn, nếu mình chưa có clearance.  Trong khi chờ đợi có clearance thì nó cho mình lấy mấy lớp training và làm chuyện không có liên quan.
Secret thì khoảng trong vòng một năm, anh nhớ hồi anh có secret là khoảng chừng 6 tháng.  còn top secret thì chắc phải hơn, trường hợp của anh bị anh bỏ ngang nên chưa có.

Hi bro khoa.  Bro cũng từng làm trong DoD hả?
(2018-04-07, 11:10 PM)TayNinh Wrote: Hi bro khoa.  Bro cũng từng làm trong DoD hả?

The answer is of course “ classified “  Biggrin Lol
Làm người huy hoàng phải chọn làm người dân Nam ...