VietBest
Linh Tinh - LTP - Printable Version

+- VietBest (https://vietbestforum.com)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://vietbestforum.com/forum-64.html)
+--- Forum: Du Lịch (Travel) / Địa Điểm Ăn Chơi (https://vietbestforum.com/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Linh Tinh - LTP (/thread-15584.html)

RE: Linh Tinh - LTP - LeThanhPhong - 2022-06-25

(Quora) What does reading a lot of books do to your mind?

Answered by John Micheal bDomingo:

This dot represents an idea.

[Image: main-qimg-7d9129cd66e411b08753be09aad81db3-lq]

A line between dots represents a connection between ideas.
[Image: main-qimg-cc26179ed5448163b1e08bfb3c7d0764.webp]

Reading books gives your brain more dots to work with.
[Image: main-qimg-ffb48069e9cbc9e197bebadb2c717626.webp]

Then, it helps you connect these dots.
[Image: main-qimg-6f5f0b4f073dd6c0a7aaff6dc38d1468.webp]

The more connections you have, the more you understand the world around you.

Keep connecting the dots.

Keep reading books.

———————

(Quora) When and why did you choose to stay single for the rest of your life?

Answered by J Robert Post:

(His sweater looks familiar )
Me last Halloween, dressed up as the Dude.

After my last relationship ended a couple years ago, I decided to take a long break from relationships. I haven't necessarily made the decision for that break to last for the rest of my life, but I'm prepared for that possibility.

Why?

Well, I tend to attract a certain type of woman. And that type has seems to always have untreated mental illness and multiple hidden toxic traits that always come out eventually. I finally got sick of becoming the punching bag of every relationship and decided to quit altogether.

Obviously, if I'm attracting that sort of individual into my life then I must have some issues as well.

So I went to a therapist to see what I could find out about that. It turns out that I give other people too many chances. Growing up, I always felt like my parents were overly harsh and were determined to destroy my chances rather than help me find opportunities. And I chose to be the opposite way because I didn't appreciate being treated like that.

But there's a problem with that. Most humans, once they see that they will be given multiple do-overs when they screw up rather than face real consequences will take full advantage of that. Rather than controlling their own behavior, it becomes a contest to see how shitty of a human being they can be while still getting away with it.

So, I've got to make some changes in how I relate with others. But I'm 49 and this old dog doesn't learn new tricks as easily as he once did. Plus, I'm not entirely certain that I want to change. If other people are that unwilling to strive to be decent human beings on their own, then maybe I don't want to be closely associated with them. I don't need anyone to constantly monitor and correct my behavior. I'm not perfect and I'm open to constructive criticism, but I always try to be my best and never take unfair advantage of others. And I'd resent having to be an adult babysitter for someone else's behavior.

So, I don't know if I'll ever have another relationship or not. I'll either have to change my mind about babysitting adults or find someone interested in me who isn't just waiting for their first opportunity to be a complete jerk. And that hasn't happened yet. And maybe it never will.

And I'm okay with that because I've learned that even if I'm alone, I'm still in pretty good company.
Added 7/11/22: It seems as if this answer has resonated with so many more people than I ever expected. I'm really blown away by all of that. And the comments and the conversations that have started from them have been overwhelmingly positive and thought provoking. I'm thankful for all of you. It's possible that I won't be able to respond to all the comments since there are so many. So apologies if I missed yours.

RE: Linh Tinh - LTP - LeThanhPhong - 2022-06-28

Comment 1:

When I was young I heard a criminal profiler give a lecture. He said never allow yourself to be taken from crime scene number one to crime scene number two. He went on to explain that even if someone holds a deadly weapon on you you should fight no matter what. Even if you were stabbed and shot you may have a chance of survival and somebody may come to your aid but if you allow yourself to be incapacitated or under their control, you will not survive and you will not survive at the crime scene number two. He said do not believe the person if they tell you just do as I say and I won’t hurt you. Most people are so frightened he went on to say, that they just obey because they are so terrified and no one has ever hurt them or threaten them in their life before. But never never never allow yourself to be tied up and taken away believing they will let you go. Best advice I ever heard.

Comment 2:
If someone has you in a car, cause a crash, at lower speeds in a city if possible, or sideswipe another car. Once you have done this, other people will be involved, and you will probably get free of harm  

--ooOoo--

Jane Carver | Murder She Solved | S2E01

The Mensa Murder | Murder She Solved | S2E04

Ian and Nancy Blackburn | Murder She Solved | S2E07

RE: Linh Tinh - LTP - LeThanhPhong - 2022-06-30

This LIFE ADVICE Will Leave You Speechless! (CHANGE EVERYTHING) | Muniba Mazari

Cô Muniba Mazari tuyên bố:

"There are some incidents that happened in your life. And those incidents are so strong that they change your DNA. Those incidents or accidents are so strong that they break you physically. They deform your body but they transform your soul.

Those incidents break you, deform you but they mold you into the best version of you. And the same thing happened to me."

Cô nói sau tai nạn xe hơi, DNA của cô thay đổi hoàn toàn .  

Làm cách nào cô biết ?  Cô đã thử DNA trước khi bị tai nạn, và sau khi bị tai nạn ?

--ooOoo--

Ai cũng thương, không dễ thương thì đáng thương

21:22

(MM: Muniba Mazari, LH: Lewis Howes)

MM: I have made peace with the fact that no matter how amazing you are, no matter what you do, no matter what you say, no matter how cool you are; there will always be haters, there will always naysayers, there will be disbelievers because you cannot be liked and loved by everyone. 

Some people will hate you for some reason, some will hate you for no reason. Appreciate it and acknowledge just the way you appreciate all the love. Let's acknowledge all the disliking, too.

LH: How do you manage that when people discount you or maybe talk negative online or wherever? How do you personally deal with it?

MM: You know. I've always prayed for those who see their failure in my success. Those who hate you today were once dreamers who gave up on their dream.

LH: Oh, wow.

MM: Haters were once dreamers. They just gave up. So when they see a woman in a wheelchair doing something, they have to  hate me. 

Because a lot of people who say that: "Oh, just because she's in the wheelchair, she got the chance to do al this." Dude, you're walking around.

LH: Uh, huh.

MM: Right? You had the chance, too; but you're too busy hating people.

LH: Uh ... h .

MM: You missed the chance. So, I understand, I am an empath. I understand why is that hatred coming. And again, pray for those who see their failure in your success. Hating is not easy.
LH: It's exhausting. Yeah!

MM: It's exhausting.  I mean like everyday I'll be posting all the good stuff on my social media, you will be posting all the amazing you're doing on social media; and they're just sitting in the room doing nothing and just hating.

Who is the sufferer? We're not suffering. They are. So, they need empathy and kindness.

Màu sắc y phục cho đa số người Việt

Người Việt mình đa số có nước da có màu olive, cho dù trắng cách mấy cũng vậy .  Vì thế, hợp với màu sắc mùa đông (trắng, đen, xám, ...)

https://thelaurieloo.com/blog/winter-color-palette

3 Cách Nhận Biết Ai Thật Lòng, Ai Giả Dối với mình - Vấn Đáp Thầy Thích Pháp Hòa

RE: Linh Tinh - LTP - LeThanhPhong - 2022-07-04

(Quora) What was the hardest goodbye you've ever had to say to a pet?

Answered by Zachary Reyes:

When my son passed we got his dog, his name was Harley. The dog never really missed Scott or so it seemed. When the time came to put him to sleep, we were at the vets and an awesome thing happened.

Now Harley was 14 y/o and for the last couple of months he started getting really bad. He would potty on the floor, which is something he never did and on his last day he could not get up on his own. So myself, my husband, my daughter and her friend carried him to the car and then into the Vet’s office.

We were saying our goodbyes and then the vet gave him a shot to relax him, as soon as the shot was injected he started wagging his tail and barking in a friendly way. He was trying to get up but, he couldn’t. He was running with his legs on the table and he looked so happy and at peace. It was at that moment that I realized he saw Scott!

We got the ashes and put them next to my son! They are again running and jumping in heaven!

I still get choked up just thinking about it.

Thank you for letting me share.

I LOVE YOU SCOTT AND YOUR BEST FRIEND HARLEY!!

RE: Linh Tinh - LTP - LeThanhPhong - 2022-07-04

(Quora) Does a nursing home take your pension and Social Security benefits?

Answered by Victoria Hay:

Darn right. They attach everything in sight to pay their hair-raising fees.

A couple who lived across the street from me, in their paid-off home, were cared for through their final years by an adult daughter, who closed a successful retail business so she could be with them 24/7.

AHCSS, our state’s answer to Medicaid, provided a lot of visiting nursing care and other help. Of course, the old folks couldn’t afford this out of pocket, and the daughter was now unemployed, even though she was working her tuchus off taking care of one demented parent and one merely very elderly parent.

When the parents passed away, the daughter was forced to sell the house to pay the bills owed to AHCSS.

Another friend’s mother just passed away after (mercifully) just a few weeks in a nursing home. This lady didn’t have a nickel or a dime, but the nursing home took AHCSS funding plus whatever social security or welfare the lady was receiving.

In view of that, my conclusion is yeah: they take everything you’ve got and then some.

RE: Linh Tinh - LTP - LeThanhPhong - 2022-07-05

How do you talk about death with a dying loved one? Dr. Atul Gawande explores death, dying and why even doctors struggle to discuss being mortal with patients, in this Emmy-nominated documentary.

“Aging and dying — you can’t fix those," says Dr. Gawande. This film examines the relationships between doctors and patients nearing the end of life, and how the medical profession can better help people navigate mortality. The ultimate goal, after all, is not a good death but a good life — to the very end.

Being Mortal (full documentary) | FRONTLINE

RE: Linh Tinh - LTP - LeThanhPhong - 2022-07-05

[Quora] As a Jehovah’s Witness, have you ever run into an ex-Jehovah's Witness in public? If so, how did you react when you saw them?

Answered by Mark Jones:

This happened to me this morning.

Ex-JW here, meets a JW.

My train was cancelled and so I had to take a different train which took a different route. As I walked down the train carriage looking for a seat I spotted a female JW I grew up with and I've known all my life. She saw me, startled, then put her head down took out her phone and pretended to be engrossed.

I said hello as I passed... nothing. My seat was 4 seats away from hers. I noticed her little boy who is the same age as my oldest daughter peering through the gap at me - I looked up from my book and waved. His mother snatched him away.

As it came to my stop I walked by and said "I hope you both have a great day whatever you're doing!".

Silence. Ignored.

Here's the kicker...

It was my sister.

Commented by Katherine Mulholland:

My child carer for my daughter was Jehovah’s Witness. Every morning she would tell me how I must obey my husband (I’d already left him) and that the male head of the family was always right.

Later, I sent my daughter to kindy and I was in the street when she comes rushing up to me looking like the happiest woman I have ever seen.

With a big grin she says, “I left that bastard a month ago. It’s wonderful being free… of him and the whole religious thing.”

RE: Linh Tinh - LTP - LeThanhPhong - 2022-07-08

A wealthy old lady decides to go on a photo safari in Africa, taking her poodle along for company.

One day the poodle starts chasing butterflies and before long, discovers that he's lost.
Wandering about, he notices a hungry-looking leopard heading rapidly in his direction.
The poodle thinks, "Oh, oh!"
Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat.
Just as the leopard is about to leap, the poodle exclaims loudly, "Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder if there are any more around here?"
Hearing this, the leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees.

"Whew!", says the leopard, "That was close! That poodle nearly had me!"
Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard.
So off he goes, but the poodle sees him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figures that something must be up.

The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans, and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.
The leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here, monkey, hop on my back so you can watch me chew that poodle to bits!"

Now, the poodle sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, "What am I going to do now?", but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and waits until they get just close enough to hear.
"Where's that damn monkey?" the poodle says, "I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!"

[Image: poodle.png]

RE: Linh Tinh - LTP - LeThanhPhong - 2022-07-08

I Survived: Drowning in Freezing Waters - Full Episode (S2, E2) | A&E

I Survived...: Abducted in the Trunk Of Her Own Car (S4, E10) | Full Episode | A&E

How to Escape From the Trunk of a Car
https://www.wikihow.com/Escape-From-the-Trunk-of-a-Car

RE: Linh Tinh - LTP - LeThanhPhong - 2022-07-10

(Quora) Doctors, have you ever smelled something so strong on a patient you knew there was an infection or open wound before being told?

Answered by William Rieske Rieske:

When I was doing heart surgery, I went to pre op to interview a patient scheduled for an aortic valve replacement. As soon as he started talking, the stench of rotten teeth, and pus was enough to knock me over.

I asked if he had seen a dentist recently, he said he was going to take care of that after we fixed his heart.
WRONG ANSWER. Abscessed teeth are notorious for seeding bacteria into the blood stream. These bacteria will travel to and colonize the prosthetic heart valve which does not have the protection of the patient’s immune system. This leads to sepsis and often death.

I told him his surgeon would make the final decision, but that we might not be able to do his surgery today. I called the surgeon, who came by and asked one question so he could smell the patient’s breath, before canceling the surgery.

The patient was unhappy, but the surgeon was adamant. The patient came back eight weeks later with all of his teeth gone, and had his surgery.

Massive Tartar | Remove Tartar | Dentist | Dokter Gigi Tri Putra

How Teeth Are Professionally Deep Cleaned | Deep Cleaned

Teeth Cleaning vs Deep Cleaning | Dentist Reviews How Teeth Are Cleaned!

Video Time Stamps

00:00 - INTRO
00:14 - DEEP CLEANING VS TEETH CLEANING
03:01 - TEETH CLEANING TOOLS
03:55 - SENSITIVE TEETH CLEANING
05:36 - BRACES CLEANING
06:38 - GUM DISEASE
07:43 - ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH / WATERPIK
09:25 - GUM RECESSION
10:53 - TEETH CLEANING COMFORT
12:00 - TEETH WHITENING
12:56 - TEETH CLEANING COST

Bone Loss Around Your Teeth | The Real Cause Will Shock You | The Side Effects Are DEADLY

RE: Linh Tinh - LTP - LeThanhPhong - 2022-07-11

How To Clean Your Air Conditioner Condenser

15 Air Conditioner Maintenance Tips

15 air conditioner maintenance tips. If you are looking for what you can do as AC maintenance in the beginning of the season, look no further. In this video I go over 15 AC maintenance tips that you can do or check yourself to make sure your unit is ready to go for the summer. Here are the 15 tips presented in the video:

1. Uncover the condenser unit
2. Clean the condenser coil
3. Check for a mouse nest and look for damaged wires/connectors
4. Check the capacitor and have a spare one
5. Suction line insulation
6. Level the condenser unit
7. Test run your air conditioner early in the season
8. Kick start condenser fan for the season
9. How to check if AC is cooling enough (taking a temp drop)
10. Clear condensate drain line and fitting
11. Change air filter regularly
12. Check blower wheel and capacitor
13. Close humidifier damper
14. Keep vents and returns open and clear
15. Replace thermostat batteries

RE: Linh Tinh - LTP - LeThanhPhong - 2022-07-11

Người vợ nên làm gì khi tình cời nghe được người chồng nói với chúng bạn rằng vợ mình không xinh đẹp?

=============

I Overheard My Husband Say I’m Not Attractive

RE: Linh Tinh - LTP - LeThanhPhong - 2022-07-12

(Quora) What's the worst thing you ever said to your dad or mom?

Answered by Anton Edward:

My father and I never really got along when I was growing up.

He was Roman Catholic, and we were brought up devout.

Shirt tucked in, hair combed, read the Bible, pray the Rosary.

I was really, really young when I started asking difficult questions, maybe 7 or 8. Sunday school, to me, was an opportunity to challenge an adult as best as I could and possibly piss them off.

Then around 13 or 14, I denounced religion and became Atheist.

My father didn’t take kindly to that.

We bashed heads throughout my life, and there were some physical altercations, even into my adulthood.

I was quite the hormonal douchebag during my teenage years, and I’m still amazed my parents didn’t kill me, considering some of the shit I put them through with my attitude.

One night, we were sitting around the table in the kitchen.

This was only a year after my parents divorced, and my dad was quite heartbroken by the whole thing.

“I’m in so much pain,” he told me, “I’ve never felt so lonely in my life.”

“But dad,” I said, in a really sarcastic tone, amusing myself, “How can you be lonely when you’ve got Jesus by your side?”

He got up from the table and went up to his bedroom and closed the door. I could hear him crying up in his room a few minutes later. I felt triumphant.

It’s no wonder he and I didn’t get along. I was such a horrible son. I constantly poked and prodded him, God only knows why. He wasn’t the best father, but I need to take responsibility for all the fuel I threw on the fire.

I moved out of my hometown when I was 22.

I’m 29 now.

The space apart, and time for me to grow the hell up, has given us a better connection.

I became Agnostic at 18, then after a lot of studying of mythology and religion, at age 24 I found Pantheism. But in the last two years, I’ve become a weird combination of Christianity and Pantheism.

Maybe my embracing of religion helped things between the two of us, who knows?

Slowly, over the years, we would get together and things would be a little less hostile. A little less awkward. We weren’t yelling at each other. We weren’t bickering and fighting over trivial things. It was a tough, arduous journey.

After a few years of getting together a few times a year and putting up with each other’s company, we were laughing together and having a good time.

I started looking forward to going off and visiting him.

Last year, during a snowstorm in April, he drove two hours just to see me on my birthday. Typing that out brought tears to my eyes. Jesus.

We both share a love of birds. We’re both photographers and take pictures of them during our days off, and post about them on Facebook.

Last week, he built me a bird-feeder. He’s coming to my house on the 30th to help me install it in my backyard outside the 3-season porch.

It’ll be just the two of us.

When he comes, I’ve already planned on apologizing to him for being so horrible over the years and how thankful I am that we’re actually close now, and that I will spend the rest of my life being as good as I can possibly be to him.

EDIT:

My father and I installed the bird-feeder that he built for me. Afterward, we went to a restaurant and I bought him lunch, then we came back to my house and sat in the 3-season porch. We watched the birds and talked for a few hours. It was a really nice visit and I’m thankful my father and I are able to enjoy each others company.
[Image: main-qimg-829e7be328b87493dc53f167d8dd1e0b-lq]