VietBest
Linh Tinh - LTP - Printable Version

+- VietBest (https://vietbestforum.com)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://vietbestforum.com/forum-64.html)
+--- Forum: Du Lịch (Travel) / Địa Điểm Ăn Chơi (https://vietbestforum.com/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Linh Tinh - LTP (/thread-15584.html)

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-10-28

Lesley Stahl, nữ phóng viên 78 tuổi thuộc chương trình 60 Minutes của CBS vì phỏng vấn Trump đang bị đe dọa tính mạng.

--ooOoo--

Vào ngày 3 tháng 5 vừa qua, trong chương trình 60 Minutes, Lesley tiết lộ bà vừa thoát khỏi căn bệnh COVID-19.

Lesley Stahl of CBS News recovers from Covid-19

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/03/media/leslie-stahl-coronavirus/index.html

By Brian Stelter, CNN Business
Updated 9:44 AM EDT, Mon May 04, 2020

New York(CNN Business)Lesley Stahl, the senior-most correspondent on the CBS newsmagazine "60 Minutes," revealed on Sunday night's broadcast that she was recently hospitalized with Covid-19.

Stahl was able to recover, and she reported a story about the plight of American farmers during the pandemic on Sunday's broadcast.

Through her longtime role on "60 Minutes" and other CBS News programs, Stahl is a familiar presence in the homes of tens of millions of Americans. So it came as a real shock when she shared her health battle with viewers.

"One of the rules of journalism is 'don't become part of the story,'" she said. "But instead of covering the pandemic, I was one of the more-than-one million Americans who did become part of it."

Stahl pointed out that several other "60 Minutes" staffers also tested positive for the virus. Covid-19 swept through the New York offices of CBS News in March and disrupted all of the network's news operations.

"One Covid-positive '60 Minutes' coworker had almost no symptoms while others had almost every symptom you can imagine. Each case is different," Stahl said.

She described her own case this way: "After two weeks at home in bed, weak, fighting pneumonia, and really scared, I went to the hospital. I found an overworked, nearly overwhelmed staff. Every one of them kind, sympathetic, gentle and caring from the moment I arrived until the moment days later when I was wheeled out through a gauntlet of cheering medical workers. In the face of so much death, they celebrate their triumphs."

Stahl did not specify how long she was hospitalized. She last had a story on "60 Minutes" in the first week of April, but it appeared to be produced before the pandemic upended American life.

Stahl used her Sunday night script to honor the hospital workers whom she called a "valiant army in scrubs and masks."

"Thanks to them, like so many other patients, I am well now," she said. "Tonight, we all owe them our gratitude, our admiration — and in some cases, our lives."

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-10-31

Behind-the-Scenes With Hollywood Leading Man Robert Redford

https://www.jerusalemonline.com/view/behind-the-scenes-with-hollywood-leading-man-robert-redford/?src=taboola&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=onegreenplanet&utm_campaign=6603597&utm_term=JOL_M_US_behind-the-scenes-with-hollywood-leading-man-robert-redford_raz_a_222214827_SMART_SAFE&guid=GiB9FfkLFe7MB-27QauWO3EC3gAZ6y_24FWWJF1jSPGKVCCXwEg&utm_key={cpc}&page=2 

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-11-01

Một Góc Nhìn Khác Trong Khoa Học Không Gian - Viết Về Nước Mỹ

https://vvnm.vietbao.com/a163800/mot-goc-nhin-khac-trong-khoa-hoc-khong-gian

--ooOoo--

Cách để Thoát khỏi Cát Lún: 11 Bước (kèm Ảnh) – wikiHow

https://www.wikihow.vn/Tho%C3%A1t-kh%E1%BB%8Fi-C%C3%A1t-L%C3%BAn

How to Get Out of Quicksand: 11 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Out-of-Quicksand

Cách Sống để KHÔNG BAO GIỜ GIÀ

What is a post tension slab? How to tell if a home has a post tension slab

https://buyersask.com/articles-of-interest/post-tension-slabs-what-are-they/

What is a “Post Tension” slab?

A post tension slab is a concrete slab that has steel cables running through it that have been placed under 33,000 +/-  pounds of tension. This tension makes the concrete slab and foundation much stronger than concrete without reinforcement and helps reduce cracking.

[Image: Post-tension-8799.jpg]
PreviousNext

How to tell if you have a post tension slab

Most homes that have post tension slabs have a sign that is stamped into a concrete garage floor, often near the edge of the garage door in plain sight.

Older home’s with post tension slabs may have a plastic or paper sign fastened to the wall. These are often placed next to a door that goes from the garage into the house.

There may be times when there are no visible signs on the wall or a stamped sign in the concrete floor. In this case you may be able to look for evidence of a post tension slab by walking around the perimeter of the home and looking for small circle type areas about one and one half (1 1/2″) to three inches (3″) wide that have been patched. These circles are usually about 2 to 4 feet apart. They indicate the end of the post tension cables and at times are not visible because of landscaping or the patching of the cone shaped voids blend in.

Another source of information may be the builder or local building department. They may be able to look at the building plans and tell you if the home has a post tension slab, it’s thickness and location of the cables.

Why do builders use post tension slabs?

The two most common reasons for a home builder or contractor to use a post tension slab relate to cost and type of soils in the area.

The cost of using a post tension slab system is more economical when the soil conditions are poor and would require additional measures to reinforce the area below the slab to be poured.

Areas where soils are expansive in nature or have poor load bearing capacity use post tension slabs more than other areas. The reason for this is that a post tension slab will spread the load of the home over a wider area. In a standard non post tension slab home the weight of the structure is carried on the foundation and piers; whereas on the post tension slab, the weight is partially carried by the slab as well. This results in smaller and less expensive footings being required.

Other benefits are that less control joints may be required to help control shrinkage cracks. Less concrete or thinner slabs may be possible for certain expansive soils.

[Image: post-tension-sign-stamped-7871.jpg]

Why does the sign say “Do not cut or core”?

When cutting or drilling into the concrete slab a post tension steel cable may get cut or damaged. This may weaken the slab structurally or the cable (which is under tremendous pressure) may occasionally rip right out of the slab and injure someone near it. Therefore, the builder puts up the do not cut or core warning signs for safety to the homeowner or potential contractors working on the building later on.

Seldom does a home owner cut or drill into their slab, but when remodeling or especially while fixing sewer problems, there may be a need to cut or drill the slab. Don’t worry, professionals will know how to do it without damage or anyone getting hurt.

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-11-05

Top 7 COVID Updates You Should Know Come Election Day

Electoral College keeps the United as states in the union for so long. 

The Families That Spend A Fortune Each Week On Groceries! | Full Documentary | Big Families

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-11-06

Homeless Man Lost Millions Now Lives in a Oakland Tent City

Update: Derrick Is Back Homeless in an Oakland Tent City

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-11-06

A Conversation with Noam Chomsky on Trump, Capitalism, and the U.S. Role in the New Cold War

We Won. Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect | Pod Save America

Xin mời các bạn xem 4 bạn Mỹ trẻ vui mừng khi biết liên danh Biden-Harris đắc cử.

Nghe tin Biden đắc cử Tổng Thống không đem lại 4 thanh niên này cảm tưởng đã chiến thắng. Trái lại, nó cho họ cảm thấy nhẹ lòng vì có thể sửa chữa những tai họa do Trump gây ra suốt 4 năm qua.

Thumbs-up4

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-11-08

(Quora) Has your child ever said something which left you speechless? If so, what was it?

Answered by Mindy Fry:

Originally Answered: What was it your little one said that left you speechless?

I just had to share my story, because even now, 11 years later, it still brings tears to my eyes. I was diagnosed with severe Crohn’s Disease in 2008.

My kids were 7 and 5 at the time. It was a horrible, confusing time for all of us! I started having surgeries to resect my bowels, taking out the sick part and reconnecting healthy bowel to try to relieve me of the horrible pain. 

My 3rd resection surgery (the first 2 were unsuccessful and Crohn’s came right back) was coming up and the night before I sat down with my son and just asked how he was doing. He knew what was coming up and that I would be in the hospital…again…for a while. 

He just looked at me, struggling to find the words in his young vocabulary. He said…”Mommy…I’m probably not going to say this right…” I encouraged him to go on and promised that however it came out, it would be perfect. His eyes teared up, but he continued….”I just want you to feel better….even if it means Jesus has to take care of you.” 

WOW! I hugged him tightly and assured him that he could not have put it any better, and I understood exactly what he meant. I had to go back to my bedroom to process that….I cried….hard. 

To me, for a little boy to acknowledge the pain and suffering that I had been through, that he and his sister saw on a daily basis, was heartbreaking. He was ok with letting go of me, so that I could be pain-free and no longer suffering. It was the most self-less thing anyone has ever said to me…even to this day!! I’m shaking even now just typing it and remembering the raw emotion! I got through that surgery, and a few more….finally having life-saving, life-changing surgery in 2010 when my entire colon was removed and I now live with a permanent ostomy. I knew that I had to continue to fight so that I could raise my kids. 

I’m proud to say that both of my kids are very compassionate young adults now, and I am in a much better place.

Thank you for reading.

13.5K views

RE: Linh Tinh - Bella - 2020-11-08

Anh LTP ơi. Lan đọc tiếng Anh dở lắm , anh posts bài có tiếng Việt cho Lan đọc với đi anh! Cảm ơn anh thật nhiều nhá... 2leluoi Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4 Thankyou

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-11-08

(2020-11-08, 09:19 AM)Bella Wrote: Anh LTP ơi. Lan đọc tiếng Anh dở lắm , anh posts bài có tiếng Việt cho Lan đọc với đi anh! Cảm ơn anh thật nhiều nhá... 2leluoi Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4 Thankyou

Một số tài liệu LTP đọc không có tiếng Việt, Lan ạ.

RE: Linh Tinh - Bella - 2020-11-08

(2020-11-08, 11:05 AM)LeThanhPhong Wrote: Một số tài liệu LTP đọc không có tiếng Việt, Lan ạ.

Okay, vậy thì Lan ráng dò Tự điển vậy...Cảm ơn anh Phong nhiều nhá... Thankyou Hello

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-11-10

Mặc cho Trump chống đối, Biden thề sẽ 'làm việc'

Biden vows to 'get right to work' despite Trump resistance

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-transition-donald-trump-3218cece05f458ed80e6411f786b37a1

By STEVE PEOPLES and WILL WEISSERTyesterday

[/url][Image: 800.jpeg]

[url=https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-transition-donald-trump-3218cece05f458ed80e6411f786b37a1/gallery/f07c1a3819464417b5ede9a54e62cf48]

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Vowing “to get right to work,” President-elect Joe Biden on Tuesday shrugged off President Donald Trump’s fierce refusal to accept the election outcome as “inconsequential,” even as Democrats elsewhere warned that the Republican president’s actions were dangerous.

Raising unsupported claims of voter fraud, Trump has blocked the incoming president from receiving intelligence briefings and withheld federal funding intended to help facilitate the transfer of power. Trump’s resistance, backed by senior Republicans in Washington and across the country, could also prevent background investigations and security clearances for prospective staff and access to federal agencies to discuss transition planning.

As some Democrats and former Republican officials warned of serious consequences, Biden sought to lower the national temperature as he addressed reporters from a makeshift transition headquarters near his home in downtown Wilmington.