VietBest
Linh Tinh - LTP - Printable Version

+- VietBest (https://vietbestforum.com)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://vietbestforum.com/forum-64.html)
+--- Forum: Du Lịch (Travel) / Địa Điểm Ăn Chơi (https://vietbestforum.com/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Linh Tinh - LTP (/thread-15584.html)

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-04-29

Best Magicians In The World on America's Got Talent: The Champions | Magicians Got Talent

RE: Linh Tinh - Bella - 2020-04-29

Hi, chào anh LeThanhPhong...Hello

Anh Phong có khỏe không vậy? Anh có đi vô hãng làm trở lại chưa? Lan thì bắt đầu từ ngày hôm qua lận....Vẫn còn rất ít người ra vô, nhưng được đi làm lại thấy đỡ tù túng và bực bội hơn nhiều...Sáng giờ trời cứ mưa mãi nên văn phòng vắng khách quá Lan có vô dạo trong youtube và thấy có cái clip này coi cũng quá....bất ngờ! Lan post vô đây để anh thưởng thức tài nghệ chơi piano của cô "nhạc công"..... Gà Mái biểu diễn nè, anh xem từ phút 1:13 nha......Thấy gà mà cũng biết chơi piano như vậy làm cho Lan thấy mình...dở quá! Kiểu này chắc Lan vác cuốc về quê để cuốc rẩy trồng rau lại quá hà! Face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye_1f61c Face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye_1f61c Rollin Rollin

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-04-29

Lan mến,

LTP còn ở nhà, Lan ạ.  Chỗ Lan làm có khách không?  Chủ có làm gì thêm để giúp Làn đề phòng nạn dịch không? Lan cẩn thận nha.

Con gà giỏi quá, biết chơi nhạc.  Phải chi nó được vào VietBest biểu diễn với các ca sĩ nhạc sĩ trong này. Cam đoan VietBest có thêm vài ngàn thành viên mới liền.   :dance:

LTP rảnh là vào YouTube coi shows.

RE: Linh Tinh - Bella - 2020-04-29

(2020-04-29, 02:50 PM)LeThanhPhong Wrote: Lan mến,

LTP còn ở nhà, Lan ạ.  Chỗ Lan làm có khách không?  Chủ có làm gì thêm để giúp Làn đề phòng nạn dịch không? Lan cẩn thận nha.

Con gà giỏi quá, biết chơi nhạc.  Phải chi nó được vào VietBest biểu diễn với các ca sĩ nhạc sĩ trong này. Cam đoan VietBest có thêm vài ngàn thành viên mới liền.   :dance:

LTP rảnh là vào YouTube coi shows.

Dạ, cảm ơn anh Phong đã nhắc nhở, anh vẫn còn ở nhà thì đỡ lo lắng hơn nhưng anh nên cẩn thận một chút đó....Giờ lớp trẻ bị nhiễm virus Covid-19 càng ngày càng nhiều chứ không phải chỉ là người già mới bị dễ nhiễm như lúc mới ban đầu đâu đấy nhá..........Chổ Lan làm bây giờ cũng có khách nhưng ít lắm.......họ vô chỉ chủ ý là xem mặt hàng họ cần thôi và khi mà họ cần nói chuyện với mình thì chỉ cầm phone đứng xa xa nói chuyện (qua phone) với mình chứ không tới gần mình....Còn Lan và những đồng nghiệp khác thì luôn mang khẩu trang và vớ tay all the time...Ăn trưa thì chia ra mổi đứa một hr cách biệt nhau, tại hôm qua nay chủ chỉ gọi ba người vô làm lại thôi nên văn phòng rất là im vắng.....Còn nói về con gà biết chơi nhạc đó thật tình là làm cho Lan bất ngờ thiệt đó anh.... Thumbs-up4 ....Thấy nó chơi nhạc xong cái tự nhiên Lan cũng nỗi hứng muốn chiều về lấy đàn piano củ xì của nhỏ con mua từ hồi nó còn nhỏ xíu lận ra đánh thử......Nhưng mà ta nói mình thừa biết là mình mà đánh đàn đó lên thì mình tự nghe mà mình còn bị buốt óc nữa thì coi như mình chịu thua con gà đó luôn cho rồi! Face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye_1f61c Rollin....Còn VB mình thì có nhiều ca nhạc sĩ tài ba lỗi lạc quá nên chắc con gà này không dám vô cục tác trước các vị ấy đâu anh ui. Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4 Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4 ...Yeah, bây giờ Lan mà rảnh cũng vô youtube kiếm shows gì vui nhộn để coi thôi, chứ cũng ít coi phim gì khác nữa hết......Không biết tại sao mà bây giờ càng già càng ớn coi phim....Không chỉ phim VN thôi đâu, mà phim gì coi cũng nhét không vô đầu óc mình được hết đó anh! Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4 Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-04-30

Golden Retrievers and Husky Meeting Their Best Friends Newborn Kitten

Tràng giang
Huy Cận

http://vanhoc.xitrum.net/thoca/hiendai/5037.html

Bâng khuâng trời rộng nhớ sông dài
H.C.
Tặng Trần Khánh Giư

Sóng gợn tràng giang buồn điệp điệp
Con thuyền xuôi mái nước song song,
Thuyền về nước lại, sầu trăm ngả;
Củi một cành khô lạc mấy giòng.

Lơ thơ cồn nhỏ gió đìu hiu,
Đâu tiếng làng xa vãn chợ chiều.
Nắng xuống, trời lên sâu chót vót;
Sông dài, trời rộng, bến cô liêu.

Bèo dạt về đâu, hàng nối hàng;
Mênh mông không một chuyến đò ngang.
Không cầu gợi chút niềm thân mật.
Lặng lẽ bờ xanh tiếp bãi vàng.

Lớp lớp mây cao đùn núi bạc...
Chim nghiêng cánh nhỏ: bóng chiều sa
Lòng quê dờn dợn vời con nước,
Không khói hoàng hôn cũng nhớ nhà.

Ghi chú:

LTP: Bài thơ trên được viết đề tặng "Trần Khánh Dư" đã viết sai, cần phải viết là "Trần Khánh Giư" mới đúng vì nhà văn Khái Hưng đã dùng những chữ trong tên của mình làm bút hiệu.

http://vanlangseattle.org/public/documents/khaihung.html 

HPQT | Tại Sao Chết Không Nhắm Mắt..? | Văn Phi Thông |

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-05-01

(Quora) Do abandoned cats get really sad?

Answered by Barbarella Braving:

Yes they do.

I have three female cats. The eldest Angel has lost two important people in her life.

The first time was when my Dad died. Angel was very close to my Dad and spent a lot of time with him. They were very close. When my Dad died Angel would not move from his bed. It was as though she was waiting for him to return. Luckily with my two younger cats, she seemed to improve over time. But sadness struck again when I lost my Mum a few years ago. Angel had grown very close to my Mum and kept her company when I was at work. She never left her side.

When my Mum died Angel lay down where my Mum used to sit in her room and would not leave that spot. She lay there all day, and she would not eat. She looked so sad. My other cats came to see Angel but still she refused to move.

Eventually I took Angel to see the vet. They said that she is grieving for my Mum and she must have time to come to terms with the loss. I was encouraged to let Angel go in my Mum’s room along with the other two cats. Sometimes they patroled around touching things, sometimes they just lay down, looking around. But I have noticed a definite improvement in Angel, and I believe she will be alright with lots of care and attention.

This is Angel after we lost my Mum.
[Image: main-qimg-8b6621d72c5907243a82aa80fd3204e1]

And Angel with my Mum’s old shoe, by where she used to sit.
[Image: main-qimg-ccae6d3053436b05ccca424f40bc3bcc]

Angel now!
[Image: main-qimg-65aa4cd60a6481a3fe2e1e434d3981fc]
[Image: main-qimg-3723af824a88ef09a082c50575aa98bf]

35.3K views

(Quora) What is that one picture that describes the lowest point in your life?

Answered by Roger Wright:

Who is that person with my wife?

[Image: main-qimg-ccc237f7aa91829321f5b4425909435e]

Back in 2006, my wife (Mary) and I attended the wedding of our niece (Lisa) in Boston. I took quite a few pictures, always preferring to be behind the camera instead of in front of it. And because it was a wedding. I joined in the festivities and had my share of drinks.

The next day I was going through the pictures, renaming the files with the names of the people in the pictures, when I stumbled across the above picture of my wife and some guy who I didn’t recognize. As mentioned, I had had a few drinks the day before, but unlike all of the other pictures, was at a complete loss identifying the man in the picture.

In an attempt to unravel the mystery man in the picture, I looked at the pictures immediately before and after, in hopes it would shed some light in helping me identify him.

[Image: main-qimg-17ce3ede6238835d0172547af7a80a92]

The picture before (017) was of two of our nieces, followed by the “?” picture” (018 - I cropped the original image) and then (019) my wife and our niece, Lisa. After going back and forth a couple more times, I finally gave up and showed the picture to my wife asking “Who is that guy beside you?”.

At first she thought I was joking, but quickly realized I was serious and reluctantly said three words that kind of brought my world crashing down around me:

That is…you.

I was shocked and had a quick debate in my mind if she could somehow be mistaken. Looking at the picture and focusing on the tie I was wearing (I suffer from Prosopagnosia aka face blindness), I realized and accepted that she was right and it was me. In order to try and save face (no pun intended), I immediately tried to regain my composure, brush it off and did my best to convince her that I was only joking around.

It seemed to work, but in retrospect, I now doubt that she actually bought it and felt bad for me and this discovery. That is the kind (stress on the word “kind”) of person Mary has always been.

As far as who took the picture, she reminded me that my niece Sarah (017) had offered to take our picture after I took her and her sister’s picture and I hesitantly agreed. Like I said, I prefer to be behind the camera instead of in front of it, and in large part, just for this reason:

I have always hated pictures of myself.

Here’s a classic from the 70s (I was 15) that should NEVER have been taken and I should NEVER have kept it and I definitely should NEVER have posted it on the interweb, but I need to keep you interested so you make it to the end. So so many things wrong with this picture and while this would be a good candidate for What is the one picture that describes the lowest point in your life I didn’t really know any better at the time. Frankly, I have always been a pretty happy person and no doubt at the time, felt that I really had it going on, especially being all “dressed to the nines” and such.

[Image: main-qimg-8e36ccf91984284e51bc948d78fdbb9d]

The reason I posted the above picture (beyond my hope that it gave you a laugh) is to show that I have been obese my entire life, moving into the “hefty” category starting when I was around 10. There have been so many That’s it, damn it! moments where my eyes were opened, telling myself This time it will be different and will work! and tried in earnest to lose weight, be it a new diet, joining a new health club, Weight Watchers, etc..

Like a broken record, I would lose a few pounds and eventually, after a few days, start my fall off of the diet wagon and at the same time, find excuses why I couldn’t exercise that day. By the end of the week, the plans that started out so optimistic, had been completely derailed. I blamed everything other than myself for it’s failure, eventually moving on to a new approach to weight loss the following week or month.

This cycle continued over and over for approximately 3 decades.

[Image: main-qimg-c4f6bc058165b00a4b37d45e29f94eb0]

It also helped that I could convince the person staring back at me in the mirror (which was less and less as I gained more and more weight) that I wasn’t “that” heavy. As far as pictures, I justified that it was just a bad picture thanks to a poor angle, lighting or the person taking it.

[Image: main-qimg-3880e6e70f8d6daa87a1a1cd0cbafaea]

I don’t know when or where, but at some point my mind decided that my outside perception by others would be determined by my own, more favorable, internal perception of myself.

It’s strange, but even though the scale said 318 and the pants I wore had a 54 inch waist, I would always come back to my belief that I was really only 20–30 pounds overweight. Although illogical and delusional, somehow I could justify these thoughts. To a normal person it doesn’t really make sense, but speaking from my own experience, it did.

And that is why this picture hurt me a little bit…no, it actually hurt me a lotta bit more.

It was around that time (I was 45), that I decided to keep a promise to my wife (I promise that I will go see a doctor when I’m 40…) and finally went to see a doctor about my health. The doctor confirmed that I was as bad as I feared (actually worse) and she reluctantly suggested gastric bypass surgery, which I had read about and desperately wanted. To me, it promised an easy fix to a lifelong battle with my weight. Plus unlike actually sticking to a diet and increasing my exercise, it took no discipline on my part other than jumping through a few small hoops (or large ones in my case I suppose…), attending a mandatory pre-surgery seminar and signing some papers.

Within two weeks, I happily found myself at a hospital in Boston listening to the mandatory 3 hour info session about the voluntary surgery. At the beginning, I received all of the positive news that I had anticipated and even more that I hadn’t. But, as required, they also pointed out the few possible negatives of the surgery (3% mortality, possible future internal issues, etc). I was surprised to find myself walking out and shaking my head “no”.

The surgery would NOT be my savior

It’s a very long story but after a series of events that happened in one week in May 2008 (I had just turned 47), and even though I hated running and had never really run a mile in my life, decided to run the 2009 Boston Marathon (a race my father had run when I was 7 years old). In the process I could raise money for Cystic Fibrosis, a disease my niece Julia (wow I have lots of nieces!) suffers from and lose some weight (I was hoping for 50 pounds).

When I told Mary my plan, she looked at me with tears in her eyes and said “I think it’s important. If you do, I’ll have a friend at every mile”. We hugged and that sealed the commitment I made to her, as well as to my niece Julia.

I HAD 10 MONTHS

[Image: main-qimg-1d88a66aa14c97bd424f7d85b1545d71]

And every day of those 10 months as I worked out and felt like giving up, I kept repeating the following mantra to myself: If I fail, I have failed her. If I let her down, I have let us down.

So what happened?

This. This happened!

[Image: main-qimg-7547752b63d3215b2a841efd37fa7084]

[Image: main-qimg-259c2ef0da50cbab5d9b8330adb31195]

In 10 months, I lost ~125 pounds and went from running 10 yards to running all 26.2 miles of the 2009 Boston Marathon, nonstop. And my life changed forever.

Here I am with my niece Julia at a party my wife threw for me after I finished my marathon. In the background you can see pictures I took every month (on the 7th) and posted on my website to document my weight loss and keep me accountable.

BTW, if there was a Quora question asking “What is the one picture that describes the HIGHEST point in your life?” this would probably be it.

[Image: main-qimg-d132e69663cae0ae311f52cb3ced72b9]

A few days before I ran the race, I made a Cystic Fibrosis fundraising video soliciting donations that I sent to friends and family. A year and half later a friend asked if he could repost and rename the video and I agreed. It ended up going viral with over 9 million views and he called it (embarrassingly) The Most Inspiring Video You Will Ever Watch

And the first picture in the video? The one that started this whole post!

That picture at the start of this story was taken ~13 years ago and below is a recent (Sept 2019) picture of my wife and me. I continue to run marathons (just completed #66 three weeks ago) and every time I cross the finish line I give thanks for the ability to finally change my life.

[Image: main-qimg-3190d116424cadc83340483f8c5c5d1e]

Thanks for reading and have a nice day (or night).

211.3K views

Worlds Most Inspirational Story Ever!!

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-05-02

Long To Short Life Change: A MAKEOVERGUY® Makeover

She lived a life of luxuries. Behind the facade were an abusive father and husband.

(2020-05-02, 03:38 PM)LeThanhPhong Wrote: She lived a life of luxuries. Behind the facade were an abusive father and husband.

Lan mến,

LTP vừa nghe bà này nói chuyện xong.   Cuộc đời của bà rất tội nghiệp từ khi mới lên 8. Sau này, lớn lên, gặp người chồng hút sách, thằng con cũng nghiện ngập như cha nó.  Coi như bà kém may mắn suốt đời.

Gặp Lan sau.  Have a good Saturday.

Mến,
LTP

RE: Linh Tinh - Bella - 2020-05-02

(2020-05-02, 04:10 PM)LeThanhPhong Wrote: Lan mến,

LTP vừa nghe bà này nói chuyện xong.   Cuộc đời của bà rất tội nghiệp từ khi mới lên 8. Sau này, lớn lên, gặp người chồng hút sách, thằng con cũng nghiện ngập như cha nó.  Coi như bà kém may mắn suốt đời.

Gặp Lan sau.  Have a good Saturday.

Mến,
LTP

Lan đang bận chiên chả giò, lát rảnh Lan sẽ vô coi clip này nha. Cảm ơn anh LTP nhiều nhá. Bouquet4 Bouquet4 Cheer

RE: Linh Tinh - LeThanhPhong - 2020-05-05

https://m.facebook.com/groups/2248738708786554/permalink/2638074573186297/

Clap