Hi Guest, if you are reading this then it means you are not registered to the forum.
Click "Register" link above, and enjoy all the new features of our forum!

These pics of mine
(01-08-2019, 08:56 AM)Mong manh Wrote: Có lẽ thần núi ở đó cảm động với lòng thành  của người hành hương phương xa nên cho anh gặp cô thánh nữ trẻ thay vì ông thầy tu già  Chắc đoán được anh thích nữ tu hơn là thầy tu tại anh thích nữ tu từ khi anh đọc được truyện "Hồn Bướm Mơ Tiên."  

Anh kỳ thị cũng có duyên quá ha. Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4  Anh làm em tò mò về truyện "Hồn Bướm Mơ Tiên" quá nha.  Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4

(01-08-2019, 08:56 AM)Mong manh Wrote: Khi ăn xong tô mì, để tô xuống anh ngửng đầu lên định nói "gochisousama deshita" rồi "oishi" thì trước khi anh nói anh đã nhìn thấy nụ cười của cô ta rồi.  Sau khi nói xong 2 câu đó anh lại còn được tặng thêm nụ cười tươi hơn nữa   Anh muốn nghĩ là cô ta cười tươi tại thấy anh chàng ngoại quốc này đã trắng trẻo đẹp trai mà lại còn lịch thiệp nữa  

À thì ra là vậy. Cổ không phải mỉm cười với anh vì cách anh ăn tô mì tận tình mà vì thấy anh là thư sinh trắng trẻo đẹp trai nên cười duyên đây mà. Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4

(01-08-2019, 08:56 AM)Mong manh Wrote: Ở đó mà trắng trẻo đẹp trai...anh có khuôn mặt mà người Mỹ hay nói là "...a face only a mother could love."  
Thôi không kể nữa...tự nhiên nhìn vô gương...giật mình cái mất hứng luôn   

Lol 
Vậy mà được cô chef tặng hai nụ cười quá ư là tươi mới hay chứ.  Lol  

Em thích mấy tấm hình này nhất…
[Image: snowy-tunnel-view-mm.jpg]

[Image: valley-floor-6-mm.jpg]

[Image: valley-floor-3-mm.jpg]

Cảnh này nhìn quen quen… Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4
[Image: valley-floor-8-mm.jpg]
“Life is like a camera. Focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot.”
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sophie's post:
  • TanThu
Ngoài hiên mưa rơi rơi,
Buồn dâng lên đôi môi
Buồn đau hoen ướt mi ai rồi
Buồn đi trong đêm mưa
Buồn rơi theo đêm mưa
TC Sơn

Mấy hôm rồi trời mưa liên tục...nhiều nước quá nên xách máy hình đi vòng vòng bắt chước chụp nước  Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4

[Image: Rain-14-mm.jpg]

[Image: rain-11-mm.jpg]

[Image: rain-9a-mm.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mong manh's post:
  • TanThu
[Image: rain-10-mm.jpg]

[Image: rain-2-mm.jpg]

[Image: rain-5bw-mm.jpg]
  • TanThu
[Image: rain-7-vin-mm.jpg]

[Image: rain-6-mm.jpg]

[Image: rain-13-mm.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Mong manh's post:
  • Be 3, duoctue, TanThu
Hình như có người không ngủ được...  Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4

Em thích mấy tấm hình này:

[Image: rain-2-mm.jpg]

[Image: rain-5bw-mm.jpg]

[Image: rain-7-vin-mm.jpg]

[Image: rain-6-mm.jpg]
“Life is like a camera. Focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot.”
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sophie's post:
  • TanThu
On the morning of the second day in Kyoto I requested to have breakfast in house.  When I came down from my room the owner ushered me into a room and asked me to sit down at a small table.  As the room’s floor is of tatami mat so I had to sit on the floor cross-legged.  She poured me some tea, told me to wait  then left the room.  I knew there was someone in the room when I walked in but as I was talking to the owner I did not pay attention to the person.  After she left I was able to observe this guest.  It was a young girl in her early 20s sitting Japanese “seiza” style.  The sitting arrangement was a little odd as she was facing straight while I was facing her at her right side.  She was slim with white skin, wearing glasses, and had her hair tied up into a pony tail.  She has an intelligent but serious look on her face.  All the while she was looking at her phone.  You see a lot of Japanese do this while sitting in a public place like in a train.  A few minutes after I sat down the owner came back and placed a tray of food on her small table.  She bowed, said thank you and waited until the owner left the room before starting to do anything.  First thing she did was putting her hand together, then lowering her head, and finally saying quietly “itadakimasu.”   She then picked up the chopsticks and started to eat.   Lucky for me that the room was big so we were not sitting close enough for her to notice that I was observing her.  Of course, I still had to be very discreet in doing my observation.   It was captivating watching her demeanor.  Her movements were so precise-- how she hold her chopsticks and her bowl of rice…how she picked the food with the chopsticks…how she ate her meal.  She took her time eating, but the way she ate made me realized how much she enjoyed her food, how much she appreciated the food...more than that the appreciation, it seemed, was also for the efforts of the people that made her meal.  It was very interesting watching that…it reminded me of watching a documentary on Japanese tea ceremony where the people acted in the same manners.  I felt there was a sense of Zen about her manners.  

After about 10 minutes my meal came.  It was the same as what she had.  Grilled salmon, grated daikon, some pickle vegetables dishes, fruits and a bowl of miso soup which interestingly had a ball of mochi in it.  Simple traditional Japanese breakfast, and it was really good.

After breakfast I set out to explore Kyoto again-- visiting a few more Kyoto’s famous sites such as the Golden temple, the rock Zen garden.  

[Image: IMG-7361-mm.jpg]

There are a lot of temples.  Most were built hundreds of years ago, but also most were actually rebuilt and not original.   The thing for me with visiting a lot temples is that after a while I just got overwhelmed.  This is similar to when I traveled in Europe…so many churches that after a few they all feel the same.  It is the feeling that if you saw one then you’ve seen them all.  It’s not a good idea to visit so many churches or temples in one day. 

Once I got tired I set out to find my favorite Japanese comfort food—the Omurice for lunch.   I picked the meat sauce one. 

[Image: Omurice.jpg]

Although it was good but not as good as the Omurice with crab sauce that I told you about before.  I haven’t found one that has a better sauce than that yet.  This meat stew was nothing compared to boeuf bourguignon or even some bò kho that I had before, but still it was fulfilling and that was good enough for me  Slightly-smiling-face4
  • Sophie
After lunch I wanted to do a walk through the “philosopher’s walk” trail.  It’s a short trail along a canal full of cherry trees and many shrines and temples along the way.  Since you like philosophy so, I am thinking that if I were to take you to Kyoto we can do this walk together, Sophie.  You can tell me all about Nietzsche, Goethe, Krishnamurti and the likes... ^‿^   Spring would be nice for a stroll as the cherry flowers will be blooming.  Anyway, as I was tired of looking at shrines and temples I decided against it and went out to the river bank instead…relaxing and watching people.  

[Image: DSC-0719-2-mm.jpg]

Although it was early afternoon there were people strolling about enjoying the cool fall weather.  Come to think of it, I think the people of Kyoto seem more relax than the people of Tokyo.  I found that Tokyoites are somewhat more serious…too stiff for my taste.  Sitting there I searched through my note looking for what to see next and eat (I know, right…I just ate a large portion of Omurice Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4 ).  I decided to visit the Gion district of Kyoto to see the old architecture, and for dinner I have decided on Kaiseki.  A traditional specialty of Kyoto.  Here’s a description of kaiseki I got from the Internet. 

Kaiseki - At the heart of kaiseki dining is the Japanese principle of shun, or taking ingredients at the peak of their freshness. Dishes are presented simply, without artifice. This is done not only to ensure that the true flavor of each ingredient be expressed, but also to properly display each and every one and the height of their natural beauty, thus creating the perfect synergy between cuisine and artistic expression. 

I enjoyed my wandering time through the small streets of Gion.  I was lucky to be able to snap a few pictures of the Geisha while I was there; saw school kids in uniform hanging out; Chinese tourists dressed up in Kimono taking pictures of each other...

[Image: chinese-tourist-1-mm.jpg]

The small streets of this area reminded me of VN.  Some streets were small and short and running without any well-defined directions.  It is like a maze.  

[Image: gion-street-mm.jpg]

It’s easy to get lost in there but somehow it was fun walking through them.  Must be because there was no dangerous feel about them.  I felt safe just wandered about.  There were houses, restaurants, shops, coffee houses, tea houses, and a temple.

[Image: Gion-temple-2-mm.jpg]

Oh, and there are a few small restaurants dedicated to Japanese sweets.  I am not one to fight against my sweet tooth, so I had to sit down for this treat...Anmitsu.  Very refreshing  Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4

[Image: Anmitsu-mm.jpg]

After my wandering through that section of Kyoto I hopped on a bus and went back to Kyoto station to find the right bus to get to the restaurant that serves kaiseki.  To make sure before I go to the restaurant I asked the people at a tourist info booth to contact the restaurant to see if they would take walk-in.  No, they don’t.  Reservation only  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Luckily, one of the ladies there said if I wanted to try kaiseki I could try it at a restaurant up stair.  Like most large train stations in Japan they have food court section.  Calling it food court might not be fair because it is not at all like the food court we see in shopping malls here.  Anyway, she gave me the direction and I went up.  After waiting for 20 minutes a waitress showed me to my table.  I told her what I wanted and she gave a few suggestions and I just ordered one of her suggestions.  How was it?  The presentation is pretty, but the portions are small...almost like a collection of samples.  The entire meal was good but to say it is the best food that I have eaten then it’s a no.  Perhaps because that was my first time so one or two dishes were kind of bland for my taste.  Maybe because I'm too Vietnamese so my palate is used to a lot of spices...or more intense flavors.  It could also be because that was not the best kaiseki restaurant.  One thing I have to agree is that the food was fresh...such as the sashimi.  As the restaurant has a no cell phone policy (some high end Japanese restaurants don’t want their patrons to use cell phone in the restaurant) I didn’t feel like pulling it out and snap a picture of the food.  However, I did snap some pictures of the vegetarian kaiseki meal I had last year when I was staying overnight at a temple in Niigata prefecture.  I think they made it base on the idea of kaiseki.  Most of the vegetales are fresh from the ground of the temple.

[Image: Kaiseki-mm.jpg]

That meal reminded me of the old Vietnamese saying “ăn hương ăn hoa” because after that meal I was still not full  Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4 On the way back to the B&B I had to stop by a Lawson and got myself some snacks and a beer for the night.

Thus ended my 2nd day in Kyoto  

I hope you enjoyed my little story.  I was not sure where I was going with it so I just wrote down whatever came to mind...  Hello
  • duoctue, Sophie, TanThu
Anh Mong Manh,

Your observation of the girl's demeanor reminds me of the quote "Trade your expectations for appreciation and your whole world changes in an instant".  Slightly-smiling-face4

If I was walking on the "philosopher's walk" trail with you I would not talk about Nietzsche or other philosophers, but would ask you a simple question: "Out of all those beautiful places that we can visit to watch cherry blossoms during the sakura season, why are we here, anh?" I hope that's philosophical enough.  Face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye_1f61c Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4

I find "Kaiseki" quite interesting. I guess "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" can also be found in food.  Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4

Thank you so much for taking a walk down memory lane and for sharing your experience in Kyoto, anh. Travel broadens your mind and expands your horizon and knowledge and helps enrich your life. It gives you the opportunity to experience new varieties of foods, traditions, customs and cultures that can change your perception on life and your view of the world. Keep up that passion of yours, anh! Thumbs-up4  Full-moon-with-face4
(02-03-2019, 11:48 AM)Sophie Wrote: If I was walking on the "philosopher's walk" trail with you I would not talk about Nietzsche or other philosophers, but would ask you a simple question: "Out of all those beautiful places that we can visit to watch cherry blossoms during the sakura season, why are we here, anh?" I hope that's philosophical enough.  Face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye_1f61c Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4

Astonished-face4 Face-with-rolling-eyes4 Face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye_1f61c Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4 Cool

Because you like philosophy...any place is just a bonus.  It is your company that matters.

Slightly-smiling-face4
thanks all cho tất cả những tấm hình đẹp , Thumbs-up4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amazing Grace's post:
  • Mong manh
(02-03-2019, 12:51 PM)Mong manh Wrote: Astonished-face4 Face-with-rolling-eyes4 Face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye_1f61c Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4 Cool

Because you like philosophy...any place is just a bonus.  It is your company that matters.

Slightly-smiling-face4
[Image: 46267565264_1ebf37fbc7_o.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Sophie's post:
  • duoctue, SugarBabe, TanThu
(02-04-2019, 06:30 PM)Sophie Wrote: [Image: 46267565264_1ebf37fbc7_o.jpg]

Thanks, for the self made e-card, em.  That's very lovely  Rose4   

Năm mới anh cũng chúc em sức khỏe dồi dào, được toàn điều vui và những ước mơ của em sẽ thành hiện thực  Cheer   Hello Slightly-smiling-face4
Some pictures from Death Valley National Park  Slightly-smiling-face4

[Image: DV-14-mm.jpg]

[Image: zabriskie-pt.jpg]

[Image: DV-7-lighter-shade-of-grey-mm.jpg]

[Image: dunes-19-bw-mm.jpg]
  • Be 3, SugarBabe, TanThu
Some color ones  Slightly-smiling-face4

[Image: 5-D-dunes-2-mm.jpg]

[Image: 5-D-dunes-5-mm.jpg]

[Image: 5-D-dunes-7-mm.jpg]

[Image: 5-D-dunes-9-mm.jpg]