Mình Có Thể Làm Được Gì? - #2
"Kính chào ông Duy N,

Tôi là linh mục Nguyễn, đang điều hành Văn Phòng Trợ Giúp Công Nhân Di Dân Việt Nam (VP). 

Cám ơn anh đã viết thư muốn làm volunteer tại VP. 

Với kinh nghiệm của anh trong  lãnh tài chánh, chúng tôi muốn biết khi volunteer anh sẽ hỗ trợ chúng tôi như thế nào?

Mong anh trả lời cho chúng tôi được biết.

Bình an."

===================================================================================================

I hope you guys don't mind that I deleted the previous thread for privacy protection purposes, and then also for the reason that I type this follow-up message in English.

I had just received a response from Rev. Nguyen this morning as you can see from the message above, and he asked me a very specific question.  I will have to respond to him within today or by tomorrow at the latest.  However, I am simply not confident with my response in Vietnamese, especially when it comes to the proper translations of the financial terminologies.  In other words, I am still hoping that anyone of you, or Ms. Quexua again, is willing to help me one more time on this.  I could look up the dictionary for the translations, which I knew that I shouldn't trust the translations from the dictionary entirely, especially when I don't have any other references to compare with.  So without further adduce, here are my questions:

1) How do we usually address a Reverend?  Cha or Linh Muc?

2) Help to reconstruct financial control procedures & accounting system if needed.

3) Help the organization to develop & manage agency and program budgets.

4) Help to provide financial reports to government offices and foundations.

5) Help to provide periodic budget variance & cash flow reports to the board of directors.

6) Assist in day-to-day accounting/bookkeeping activities if needed.

I will be greatly appreciated it if you can spend a moment of your valuable time to help me with this.  Thank you!
Theo tui thì anh cứ trả lời Cha Hùng bằng tiếng Anh, không cần phải phiền phức thông dịch tới lui như vậy. Hoặc anh có thể trực tiếp hỏi ý Cha Hùng trước rằng anh có thể nói chuyện với Cha bằng Anh ngữ được không.

(2021-07-08, 01:32 PM)Ech Wrote: Theo tui thì anh cứ trả lời Cha Hùng bằng tiếng Anh, không cần phải phiền phức thông dịch tới lui như vậy. Hoặc anh có thể trực tiếp hỏi ý Cha Hùng trước rằng anh có thể nói chuyện với Cha bằng Anh ngữ được không.

Vâng, trong lá thư hồi âm này tôi sẽ hỏi Cha nếu ngài cho phép tôi dùng tiếng Anh để liên lạc sau lần này.  Trước giờ tôi chỉ biết những từ ngữ trong lãnh vực tài chánh bằng Anh ngữ, cho nên có muốn thảo luận về tài chánh bằng tiếng Việt thì sẽ rất lủng củng.

Theo như câu hỏi của Cha thì anh nghĩ rằng ngài muốn biết về những gì?  Ngoài việc kinh nghiệm và khả năng ra, theo tôi nghĩ thì chác Cha Hùng (hày là Cha Nguyễn?) muốn biết rằng tôi có thể làm được bao nhiêu giờ mỗi tuần về sẽ tình nguyện làm thời gian bao lâu, phải vậy không anh Ech?
I have one more question if you guys don't mind, and I apologize for my ignorant for asking such a question.  Do we call a "Reverend" as "Father" either verbally or in writing?
(2021-07-08, 02:21 PM)DuyVIII Wrote: I have one more question if you guys don't mind, and I apologize for my ignorant for asking such a question.  Do we call a "Reverend" as "Father" either verbally or in writing?

Since no one answers...

I'm sure that reverend=Linh mục

Father=priest=cha

Since he already calling himself Linh mục you can also address him as that.
(2021-07-08, 02:43 PM)Mong manh Wrote: Since no one answers...

I'm sure that reverend=Linh mục

Father=priest=cha

Since he already calling himself Linh mục you can also address him as that.

Thanks!  I will go with your suggestion for that.  Yeah, in English would be Rev. then.  Since you are here in this thread, do you have any other suggestions for me to consider for other areas that I mentioned above?
(2021-07-08, 01:51 PM)DuyVIII Wrote: Vâng, trong lá thư hồi âm này tôi sẽ hỏi Cha nếu ngài cho phép tôi dùng tiếng Anh để liên lạc sau lần này.  Trước giờ tôi chỉ biết những từ ngữ trong lãnh vực tài chánh bằng Anh ngữ, cho nên có muốn thảo luận về tài chánh bằng tiếng Việt thì sẽ rất lủng củng.

Theo như câu hỏi của Cha thì anh nghĩ rằng ngài muốn biết về những gì?  Ngoài việc kinh nghiệm và khả năng ra, theo tôi nghĩ thì chác Cha Hùng (hày là Cha Nguyễn?) muốn biết rằng tôi có thể làm được bao nhiêu giờ mỗi tuần về sẽ tình nguyện làm thời gian bao lâu, phải vậy không anh Ech?

Tui nghĩ nên gọi Cha Hùng, theo tiếng Việt. Nếu anh gọi Cha Nguyen là theo tiếng Anh hay tiếng Hoa. Cha hỏi một câu rất chung chung, nhưng lại mong anh một câu trả lời cụ thể hơn. Có thể giúp về sổ sách, hoặc về những chuyện khác như thông dịch, có lẽ đều rất có ích cho một văn phòng như thế trên đất Đài Loan.

This is the first time in my life that I felt so anxious about a volunteer job, even though I had volunteered more than a dozen times before.  Anyhow, thanks again to those who had tried to help me with this.  I already sent out my response to Rev. Nguyen.  If there is truly a God, I am sure my prayer will be answered because I did try my best.  Thanks guys!
🙏

Cầu cho bro Duy được như ý 🌹

Le bonheur est souvent la seule chose qu’on puisse donner sans l’avoir et c’est en le donnant qu’on l’acquiert. 
Hạnh phúc thường lại là điều duy nhất mà chúng ta có thể đem cho đi khi chúng ta không có nó, và chúng ta có thể nhận về khi chúng ta cho đi.‐ Voltaire
Mến chào anh Duy,

Cám ơn anh trả lời thư.

Anh đã trả lời rất rõ những gì anh có thể giúp đỡ về accounting. 

Tôi rất vui khi biết được 1 người có kinh nghiệm về accountant và muốn volunteer giúp trong lãnh vực trọng yếu của 1 tổ chức xã hội là tài chánh. 

Tôi muốn nói chuyện thêm với anh về tính chất công việc volunteer. Anh có xử dụng Signal hay Viber không? Nếu có, vui lòng cho biết. Sau đó hẹn giờ để nói chuyện với anh.

Bình an.

Cha Hùng

====================================================================================

To those of you who had helped and supported me on this mission, this is to give you an update as good news finally arrived.  Apparently, "Cha Hung" was the preferable way to address him, and I followed your suggestion on this, anh Ech!  A big Thank You to Quexua who had helped me with the translation for the initial letter!  I believe it was a great help to get me connected with Cha Hung.

Again, I just want to say "thank you" to you all, along with a final update to you for all your help and encouragement.  I will need to delete this thread afterward.  Thank you and take care!
Rất cám ơn tấm lòng của anh, anh Duy Thankyou

Thank you, Duy.

Cheer
Hi Guys,

I sincerely apologize for haven't updated you guys on the outcome of my attempt for the volunteer position.  The truth is that I was embarrassed to even mention it again because it was probably my fault for the negative result.  When Father Hung asked for my references, I gave him the email addresses of those whom he could contact directly for it, but it seemed like Father Hung preferred to get the recommendation letters from my references instead, or at least it was my impression.  Anyhow, I didn't want to ask for a recommendation letter from my boss because it could create a potential issue as it might seem like I was planning to leave the job, which I had invested a great deal of time to set it up for working remotely from Vietnam.

Well, this is a belated update that I owed to you guys for all your bits of help previously, sincerely.  Perhaps it was all good considering the prospect of a potential war between Taiwan and China nowadays, and the ongoing COVID 19 situation as well.