VietBest

Full Version: Ký ức của ngày mai
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
I have been told to make reflection a daily habit because it will assist me in learning and growing. However, I am also very aware of my own bias and belief system that will warrant a default reflection process. So what is the best way for me to embrace the art of reflection? I guess the challenge here is to consciously observe and evaluate my own beliefs and actions with the goal of self-growth in mind.  Smiling-face-with-halo4

[Image: 50623031762_2ea3611253_c.jpg]

Another winter day
Has come and gone away
In either Paris or Rome
And I wanna go home
Let me go home
(2020-11-19, 10:37 PM)Sophie Wrote: [ -> ]I have been told to make reflection a daily habit because it will assist me in learning and growing. However, I am also very aware of my own bias and belief system that will warrant a default reflection process. So what is the best way for me to embrace the art of reflection? I guess the challenge here is to consciously observe and evaluate my own beliefs and actions with the goal of self-growth in mind.  Smiling-face-with-halo4

I remember Hugs once tried to imitate Yoda and said to me "it is foggy, the road to self-growth."  Keep an open mind and have fun while reaching your goal  Hello

[Image: road-to-mm.jpg]

﴾─人─﴿
No matter how life changes , good or bad , happy or sad, in sickness or in health ... the sun will still come out the next day and shines ....

[Image: IMG-5897.jpg]
 "I guess the challenge here is to consciously observe and evaluate my own beliefs and actions with the goal of self-growth in mind.  [Image: smiling-face-with-halo4.png] " - Sophie

The challenge for me is to find myself, the good self, the bad self, the ego one, the beautiful one, and so on. They like to play hide and seek. Some are easy to find, some are hard to find.

[Image: View1.jpg]

(2020-11-19, 10:37 PM)Sophie Wrote: [ -> ]I have been told to make reflection a daily habit because it will assist me in learning and growing. However, I am also very aware of my own bias and belief system that will warrant a default reflection process. So what is the best way for me to embrace the art of reflection? I guess the challenge here is to consciously observe and evaluate my own beliefs and actions with the goal of self-growth in mind.  Smiling-face-with-halo4

There is no such thing as the Art of Reflection. This is just another thought process of the mind. Life is composed of EVERYTHING. Either you elevate to the highest of its symphony, or you go down to bottomless of its ugliness. Then, you come out of it... UNTAMED...

[Image: main-qimg-f9530edcb1e7b7e4cb24cfaa4ff16733]
Observation

Consideration 

Learning

Practice

Improvement

Discovery

Acknowledgement

Yourself & Universe

is and in 1
(2020-11-20, 09:03 AM)Mong manh Wrote: [ -> ]I remember Hugs once tried to imitate Yoda and said to me "it is foggy, the road to self-growth."  Keep an open mind and have fun while reaching your goal  Hello

I love fog so I shall have fun… Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4

Hôm đó trời âm u sóng lớn...em nghĩ chắc anh có hứng thú chụp hình lúc bấy giờ hơn.
[Image: 50635243003_94ae967bdd_c.jpg]
(2020-11-20, 11:01 AM)guest1221 Wrote: [ -> ]No matter how life changes , good or bad , happy or sad, in sickness or in health ... the sun will still come out the next day and shines ....

Tuy bầu trời ở đây đang âm u vì bị bao phủ bởi đám mây nhưng mặt trời vẫn luôn chiếu sáng ở đâu đó...

[Image: 50635191238_e2e641ae7e_c.jpg]
(2020-11-22, 02:39 AM)quexua Wrote: [ -> ] "I guess the challenge here is to consciously observe and evaluate my own beliefs and actions with the goal of self-growth in mind.  [Image: smiling-face-with-halo4.png] " - Sophie

The challenge for me is to find myself, the good self, the bad self, the ego one, the beautiful one, and so on. They like to play hide and seek. Some are easy to find, some are hard to find.

Let me see what I can find...purple, pink, green, yellow, blue, etc…

Does purple represent your bad self?  Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4
(2020-11-22, 03:59 PM)Be Saint Wrote: [ -> ]There is no such thing as the Art of Reflection. This is just another thought process of the mind. Life is composed of EVERYTHING. Either you elevate to the highest of its symphony, or you go down to bottomless of its ugliness. Then, you come out of it... UNTAMED...

Is this an enigmatic way of saying that life is composed of a series of desirable and unpleasant incidents and how we choose to react to these situations will determine who we are?

An untamed mind can be such a work of art...  Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4
[Image: 50635175278_130de048a8_c.jpg]

(2020-11-22, 11:25 PM)Sophie Wrote: [ -> ]Is this an enigmatic way of saying that life is composed of a series of desirable and unpleasant incidents and how we choose to react to these situations will determine who we are?

An untamed mind can be such a work of art...  Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4

The highest level of Art is Phản Phác Quy Chân.
[Image: 50640232586_566f66a72a_c.jpg]

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: 
First, by reflection, which is noblest; 
Second, by imitation, which is easiest; 
and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
― Confucius
(2020-11-23, 11:41 PM)Sophie Wrote: [ -> ]"By three methods we may learn wisdom: 
First, by reflection, which is noblest; 
Second, by imitation, which is easiest; 
and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
― Confucius

Quote:I have been told to make reflection a daily habit because it will assist me in learning and growing. However, I am also very aware of my own bias and belief system that will warrant a default reflection process. So what is the best way for me to embrace the art of reflection? I guess the challenge here is to consciously observe and evaluate my own beliefs and actions with the goal of self-growth in mind.

What is your belief system (Christianity, Catholicism, Hinduism, or Buddhism...), if you don't mind, Sophie?

What is Confucius' way of reflection? 

The best way is to take it easy, take time, to not see it as a challenge. Self-knowledge (or the art of reflection if you prefer ) is life-learning, just to observe or be aware of yourself whenever anytime you can.

Thôi tôi viết tiếng Việt ha, viết Anh ngữ thì tội nghiệp cho cô Sophie phải nhăn mày, nhíu mặt, bóp trán... mà cũng không hiểu tôi viết gì. Biggrin

Tự tri (self-knowledge) thì nên nhẹ nhàng, thả lỏng. Đừng nên xem nó là thách thức, vì thật ra mình chưa có thấu hiểu được rõ nội tại của mình là thế nào, tròn méo ra sao. Quan sát, nhìn ngắm bản thân mình được lúc nào hay lúc nấy, không cần vội vã. Được giây khắc nào hay giây khắc đó. Xem nó là thách thức, rồi mình cố gắng hay nỗ lực thì làm cho tâm trí bị xao động và kết cuộc mệt mỏi thêm. Cũng giống như mình đến ao hồ thiên nhiên để xem những con cá màu sắc hay sinh vật đẹp đẽ nổi lên bơi lội, mà nếu mình cứ đi tới đi lui quanh bờ hồ thì chúng nghe tiếng động rồi lặn mất. Thế nên, mình kiếm chỗ nào đó cạnh bờ ao hồ, đứng tựa đâu đó hay ngồi xuống, thì từ từ chúng sẽ nổi lên bơi lượn cho mình ngắm. :)

(2020-11-24, 07:01 PM)anatta Wrote: [ -> ]What is your belief system (Christianity, Catholicism, Hinduism, or Buddhism...), if you don't mind, Sophie?

What is Confucius' way of reflection? 

The best way is to take it easy, take time, to not see it as a challenge. Self-knowledge (or the art of reflection if you prefer ) is life-learning, just to observe or be aware of yourself whenever anytime you can.

Thôi tôi viết tiếng Việt ha, viết Anh ngữ thì tội nghiệp cho cô Sophie phải nhăn mày, nhíu mặt, bóp trán... mà cũng không hiểu tôi viết gì. Biggrin

Tự tri (self-knowledge) thì nên nhẹ nhàng, thả lỏng. Đừng nên xem nó là thách thức, vì thật ra mình chưa có thấu hiểu được rõ nội tại của mình là thế nào, tròn méo ra sao. Quan sát, nhìn ngắm bản thân mình được lúc nào hay lúc nấy, không cần vội vã. Được giây khắc nào hay giây khắc đó. Xem nó là thách thức, rồi mình cố gắng hay nỗ lực thì làm cho tâm trí bị xao động và kết cuộc mệt mỏi thêm. Cũng giống như mình đến ao hồ thiên nhiên để xem những con cá màu sắc hay sinh vật đẹp đẽ nổi lên bơi lội, mà nếu mình cứ đi tới đi lui quanh bờ hồ thì chúng nghe tiếng động rồi lặn mất. Thế nên, mình kiếm chỗ nào đó cạnh bờ ao hồ, đứng tựa đâu đó hay ngồi xuống, thì từ từ chúng sẽ nổi lên bơi lượn cho mình ngắm. :)

Ba Mẹ của Sophie theo đạo Phật còn Sophie thì quan tâm đến triết học và tâm lý học hơn. Có người bạn theo đạo Công giáo thỉnh thoảng dùng "Black Cat Analogy" để chọc Sophie mỗi khi thấy Sophie thích thú nói về triết học (philosophy). Người bạn chọc như vậy nè: Triết học giống như mình đang ở trong một căn phòng tối mà đi tìm kiếm một con mèo đen." Không biết tìm đến khi nào mới ra đó mà. Grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes4 Rồi Sophie chọc lại sao bạn không nói tiếp: "Còn thần học (tôn giáo) giống như mình đang ở trong một căn phòng tối, đi tìm kiếm một con mèo đen không có ở đó, mà lại la lớn lên "Tôi đã tìm thấy nó rồi!".  Biggrin

Sophie thấy anh anatta viết tiếng anh cũng giỏi mà. Nhớ lại lúc khoảng mười tuổi Sophie bắt đầu học tiếng anh ở trường và mãi đến vào đại học Sophie quen vài người bạn Việt Nam và từ đó Sophie mới bắt đầu tự học viết tiếng Việt. Mỗi khi học một ngôn ngữ mới theo Sophie thấy nếu mình chịu khó tập nói và viết, thường xuyên dùng đến nó thì mình sẽ học được nhanh hơn. :)

Cảm ơn anh anatta đã chia sẻ và nhắc nhở Sophie về tự tri và làm thế nào để thực hành nó.

Đúng như anh anatta muốn gợi ý....Self-discovery is a lifelong journey.  Smiling-face-with-halo4
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22